What is Hubbard Free Library library worth to you?
Have you ever thought about how much you would have to pay out-of-pocket for the same services your library provides? The following calculator allows you to see exactly that!
In the left hand column, enter the number of times per month you or your family use each service. Estimated retail value of each service (if you had purchased on your own) will be calculated on the right. The total value of library services used is shown at the bottom of the calculator.
Tip: Tab between entries and do not use commas.
The calculator worksheet has been adapted from original downloadable spreadsheet by the Massachusetts Library Association and then adapted for the web by Chelmsford Public Library. Maine State Library added extra accessibility coding and reformatting for ease of reading online. This spreadsheet requires either Microsoft Excel or the Excel Viewer. [Use of the calculator graphic is restricted since MSL has permission only for their site.] Hubbard Free Library removed some lines from the Maine State Library calculator to better reflect our library services.
For more information
- How these figures were calculated
- How to customize and use on your local library web site.
- How to calculate the Return on Investment (ROI)
- Feel free to link to this calculator for patrons where ever your library is or use yourself with acknowledgement as we did.
We’d love to hear what value you arrived at!
- If Hubbard Free Library is your local library, please use our feedback form.
- A different library? Find your own local library to send a message.